[SPARCbook] SPARCbook and CompactFlash Card

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 9 21:46:09 CST 2001

How about a 2.5" or 3.5" IDE drive in a PCMCIA hard drive adapter case?
(cost = drive + $75-100 for case)

How about an external SCSI HD? (cost = drive + $50-75 for case)

Rumour has it the powerbook drive supplier will sell the adapter seperately
for $180, couple that with a 20 Gig drive for < $300 and you caan really get
some serious storage (assuming the IDE/SCSI adapter can accept such a large
drive)...

IBM Micro drives are going to come in 2.5 and 5 gig version in the near
term, and 1 gig drives are under $500 IIRC. (these are CF sized HDs).

That list should get you started -  I esp. like the external 2.5" HD of the
PCMCIA slot myself - but then again I decided to get the $400 drive, and
never regretted it!

Ken