[SPARCbook] FA: Last day for 3GX on Ebay

Rusty Lingenfelter sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Feb 10 12:25:26 CST 2001

This is the last day for the auction for a Tadpole Sparcbook 3GX. It has the
Tadpole Solaris 2.5.1 load with minimal additions or modifications. The
device works great and is a great device for running Solaris or a few other
*nixes. This is not a PC and will not run Windows of any kind. If you are
not familiar with these machines, please consult
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/SparcBook-FAQ/sparcbook-faq.html and
educate yourself prior to bidding.

*CPU 110MHz microSPARC II
*DRAM Two 33-bit parity SIMM's 16Mb each (32MB total)
*1.2GB Harddrive
*VRAM 2Mb
*10.4" Colour TFT, 800 x 600, 256 colours from 262,144
*Ethernet IEEE802.3 AUI interface via 26 pin mini-D
*SCSI SCSI-2 8-bit Fast Interface, Synchronous tranfers up to 10Mb/s
*Parallel Bidirectional, 8-bit transfers up to 4Mb/s (with DMA)
*Serial RS232 Synchronous and Asynchronous
*Modem (internal) V.32bis, Send/Receive Fax, V.42bis compression (only
approved for direct connection in the US and Canada)
*PCMCIA Two Type-I / II devices, or one Type-III device
*ISDN Terminal Equipment (TE 2B + D) Interface
*Audio 16-bit SPARCstation LX compatible
*External Display 640 x 480 SVGA to 1280 x 1024
*Power Supply 12v 55W
*Physical Size: 290 x 216 x 51 mm (11.8 x 8.5 x 2.0 in)
*Weight: 3.3kg (7.2lb) including battery (0.5lb)

The following items are included:

*Tadpole 3GX with one battery
*Power Supply

I am selling it because I am too stupid to become proficient using Solaris.
I forgot the root password, but will provide the password for a user
account. Buyer to pay $15 shipping to lower 48.

Bidding is currently at $510

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1212384387