[SPARCbook] sol 2.5.1 cde probs...

Keith Simonsen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 1 07:56:45 CST 2001

Hi everyone,

I'm running solaris 2.5.1 on my 3Gx... the other day I was using netscape
and a couple dtterms, when i couldnt start any more apps due to a Shared
Memory error (ipcs reported no shared mem in use though). Well It got
locked up so I hard booted it via STOP-A, boot.

Anyway, the GUI login comes up, but It can't start CDE.

The only log file I know is ~/.dt/startlog:

--- sourcing /usr/dt/config/Xsession.d/0040.xmbind...
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dthello &
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dtsearchpath
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dsdm &
--- starting /usr/dt/bin/dtappgather &
--- execing /usr/dt/bin/dtsession...
not sourcing //.profile (see //.dtprofile)
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Segmentat

There are two core files created, one in /usr/openwin/bin, the other in
/usr/dt/bin.

Anyone have any ideas? Do you think a file just got corrupted cause of the
hard boot?

I have a Solaris 2.6 CD from tadpole... I ordered some scsi cables, and
might just try to reinstall.

Thanks in advance,
Keith