[SPARCbook] Taiwan-made ultrasparcbook

Miles Nordin sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 15:10:27 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 05:19:03PM +0000, Patrick McAleavey wrote:
> model 777S w/ [every feature you could possibly dream of] . . . [and
> all this at] approx half the cost of a new unit from Tadpole
[...]
> very disappointed in their response time to my emails

Welcome to Taiwan, Sir.

I think you have found one of these Decoy Companies that gives businessmen
an excuse to forge alliances at Starbucks (or, the Taiwaneese ripoff,
``Barista Coffee'') for massive warplans that no one has the money to
actually launch.  I guess that's what you're suggesting anyway?

All the same, please keep us informed if you get any verification
that they actually have a SPARC laptop which can boot up.  I think I'd
rather buy a laptop from an obscure Chinese company than from Apple,
assuming the former actually existed.  Even if it involved Wire Transfers.