[SPARCbook] Q: Regarding Solaris 7 on a SPARCBook

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 7 07:54:11 CDT 2001

I have been fortunate to get ahold of a very nice SPARCBook 3TX with Solaris
7 CD-ROM from Tadpole (incl. Tadpole software), and I have a few questions:

    My Solaris 7 CD-ROM is dated 1999, and is Version F.0, are there any
concerns about installing the current Sun Patch Cluster for Solaris 7.0
(i.e. break any Tadpole bits)?

Has anyone got documentation on how to work with Solaris 7 on a SPARCBook?
NCE is not included, but what is included, is there any way to get a list
*without* examining all the installed packages from the Solaris install? The
only documentation I got is for Solaris 7 (from Sun) and a small booklet
explaining how to "boot cdrom".

Thanks,

Ken