[SPARCbook] "Error writing VTOC"

Keith Howick howick at siliconmetrics.com
Sat Sep 30 16:52:36 CDT 2000

Woo-Hoo!

As it turns out the dd command wasn't doing anything. using "if=/dev/null"
caused no blocks to be read or written. On a whim I attempted,

dd if=/dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s6 of=/dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s0 bs=1024 count=100

which wrote the 100 blocks and suddenly format knows the external HD is a
seagate again!

Thanks!

-Keith