[SPARCbook] PCMCIA net drivers

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya at zepa.net
Sat Sep 23 21:52:03 CDT 2000

> How many pcmcia net cards have drivers to run on the sparcbook (currently
> running solaris 2.5.1)?

Just the 3com etherlink adapter (pcelx, I believe). And AT&T Wavelan cards
(and compatibles, e.g. Digital's Roamabout?). Incidentally, has anyone
tried the Lucent/Orinoco Wavelan cards? Are they sufficiently identical to
the AT&T Wavelans?

>                          I have an xircom IIps adapter, and when I got my
> sparcbook, it didn't come with the adapter to connect it to the AUI.  If
> there are open source drivers for linux of bsd, is it possible to
> recompile them for solaris?

You'd need to port them to Solaris in order to have them be useful.

-- kolya