[SPARCbook] Espon 170MB PCMCIA Hard Drive

Michael Lorenz ml at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Sep 12 00:37:26 CDT 2000

Greetings !

>     Hate to bother you all again, but i have just aquired from a friend a
> 170MB PCMCIA hard drive but how do I format that hard drive once mine is
> fixed? How do i find out what is the exact address of this drive?
Insert it. do /usr/sbin/drivers, just in case the pcmcia driver isn't
loaded yet, do /usr/sbin/disks, check /dev/dsk/, there should be some
new entries that look like c1d0sx with x=0..7. c1 tells you it is
controller no. 1 ( internal SCSI is 0 ), d0 is slot 0, s1..s7 are the
partition slots. Use /usr/sbin/format to partition the drive and try to
kick vold to automount the drive. When you manage this please tell me
what exactly you did with vold since I never got it to automount my
PCMCIA drive so I always mount it by hand...

hope this helps
Michael