[SPARCbook] Power Saving Screen Saver and Suspending Sparcbook?

neal wise nwise at spy.net
Wed May 31 11:51:15 CDT 2000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Sunder wrote:

> Anyway, the problem is that KDE doesn't have the Power Saving Screen Saver
> that is added by the Tadpole patches with Sol 7.  Does anyone know where
> I can find the actual binaries for the CDE screen savers so I can move
> them to KDE?

I think it's called dtscreen. There are arguements to call the various
savers. Too bad though... kbats.whaeteveritis has that cool old sun bats
screen saver. Love the bats...

dtscreen should be in /usr/dt/bin (i'm thinking CDE on AIX though...)

> My second question is, how do I add a suspend feature to KDE?  Is there
> some command line equivalent that I can tell Solaris to save it's memory
> to a .CPR file and shut down? (i.e. Suspend action from under CDE?)

You might be able to find the config for CDE somewhere under either
/usr/dt (distributed CDE stuff) or /etc/dt (localizations).

I'm curious about the 6gb disk option. I've recently imported a 3GS into
australia. I have a 1.2g with an OpenBSD snapshot on it which I'm using
right now :) but I've found a source with 3 540m and 1 340m brand new (I
gues that would actually be unused given the age :) disks. I was thinking
about grabbing one of those sleds to use with one of the IDE<->SCSI
thingies and a bigger, newer disk. I see one complaint about heat with the
big disk and someone else saying they've had no probs. Wht model of disk
is giving you no issues and what would I expect to pay for it and a
converter?

regards,

neal

d neal wise - nwise at spy.net
SPY internetworking  -  will network for food
http://www.spy.net