[SPARCbook] SPARCbook 2 SCSI port

Robert D. Mohr robmohr at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 23:11:52 CDT 2000

I am attempting to set up an external CDROM (Toshiba XM-5401B Sun bootable)
for use on my SPARCbook 2.  With the SCSI adapters and cables I had laying
around I was able to connect the two together, but the SPARCbook reports a
SCSI failure on boot up when the cables are connected.  I suspect that the
pinot of the SCSI port on the SPARCbook does not match the wiring of the
cables I have.  Is it wired "normal" or differential?

Does anyone have a pin out diagram for the SPARCbook 2?  Or perhaps a wiring
diagram for a cable that is known to work?  As a last resort, could someone
point me to a vendor that supplies cables that will work with the SPARCbook?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Rob Mohr