[SPARCbook] Re: wanted: HD caddy

Mat Maessen tomatoe at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jun 29 17:54:29 CDT 2000

-
> I would suggest you reconsider the motivation to buy additional caddies -
> I have a 6.4 Gig HD in my SPARCBook and it is plenty large enough
> to hold multiple OSs (for most end-user applications, IMHO)...

Well, here's the situation:
The machine is arriving to me in a day or so with _zero_ internal HD caddies.
I'm planning on getting a decent-sized 2.5" drive to put inside the machine, but
I need a caddy to put it in.
In the meantime, I do have an external disk that I can attach to the SCSI chain
to play around with, but the machine isn't truly portable until it can boot and
run without me lugging around an external drive.

> A caddy will cost you *lots* (if you can find one, then you will need a
> SCSI adapter (or make do with a displaced 1.2 Gig SCSI HD from
> someone elses SPARCBook).

I'd be happy w/ a displaced 1.2 gig drive, if it included a caddy. How much is
*lots*, anyway?

thanks

-Mat