[SPARCbook] Battery

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jun 28 21:07:23 CDT 2000

There are people who make a living recycling/rebuilding unusual battery
packs. If you were to send your pack to one of these companies you
could probably get it rebuilt for a reasonable amount (less than $100 I
would guess/assume).

I have no companies in mind, but I have seen ads in the back of the
various Ham magazines (QST, CQ, etc) and even Nuts n'Volts if your
local bookstore carries it would have several leads...

You do know that under the best of circumstances, an hour is all you
can get from a battery pack, maybe even just 45 minutes...

I would *strongly* recommend against simply stuffing AA NiCads into
the carrier - I'd defer to a professional and pay for their expertise and
spare my SPARCBook any power-related damage...

HTH,

Ken