[SPARCbook] fbconfig

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Thu Jun 15 06:29:51 CDT 2000

Good morning,

 I know I've asked a similar question regarding the SPARCbook display
before, but I'd just like to know:

 Could someone with a Solaris-installed, Tadpole-patched SPARCbook 3GX
please send me a copy of their output displaying the list of possible
resolutions available for use in enabling the external display (preferably
getting both internal and external working at the same time).

 When one makes a change to the default resolution, does it get
implemented in a special Tadpole-like manner, or does it affect the actual
output line in the OBP? If possible I'd like to manually adjust my
resolution in order to use both the internal and external display.

 Also, would one assume that having the external SVGA enabled consume a
considerable amount of power if the system was on battery? I know that
power would be consumed nonetheless, but if it only were to affect battery
life by a few percent..

 My SPARCbook 3GX is currently running NetBSD 1.4.2 (with a 1.4Y kernel),
with intentions (now that I have more time) to upgrade to the latest
NetBSD snapshot of 20000607 and hopefully glean some of the latest NetBSD
developments.

 Thanks.

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  StarRaiders * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  NetBSD 1.4.2 * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -