[SPARCbook] Netscape 4.73 under Solaris 2.6 final results (sort of...)

Ken Hansen Ken.Hansen at ICTI-USA.com
Wed Jun 14 10:01:52 CDT 2000

Hello,
	I wound up removing the patch (105284-34 and -33 IIRC) that was
apparently
causing the problems with scrolling web pages using the keyboard keys (as
mentioned
in my earlier post, the side scroll bar and PageUp/PageDown keys worked with
the
patch installed). This seems to have cleared up all issues while inside
Netscape 4.73
WRT scrolling. The long-term implications of not having this patch installed
are un-
certain at this time, I haven't taken the time to review the Patch History
in it's README
file. If you intend to remove this patch completely, *please* read all
available information
prior to removal, to hopefully avoid unpleasant surprises.

	Normal usage of off-the-shelf software seems un affected, but my
testing has
been casual at best. I would like to get the last known-good patch Rev
installed, but
there does not seem to be a good way to either get an old rev patch from Sun
nor do
I know how to report this problem to Sun to cause the *next* rev of this
patch.

	Pointers on the above would be appreciated (getting an old patch or
opening a
ticket against a Solaris patch) - Bill, would these be useful additions to
SunHelp.org?

Thanks to all, unfortunately I don't have the numerous emails of all the
contributors to
thank them by name,

Ken