[SPARCbook] Off Topic, Assistance with Laptop Drive conversion

petro petro at bounty.org
Fri Jun 9 02:33:15 CDT 2000

Please excuse the off topic request, but I have a slightly urgent
request for information, and this is group would probably know more
about this than any other group I current read/post to:

My powerbook 3400 just died with a motherboard failure, and rather
than spend almost $700 to fix it, I decided to settle for replacing
it with a new g4/400. The problem is that there is a great deal of
unbacked up data on the powerbook HD (yeah, I know, I should back up
more often).

Anyway, since the G4 uses IDE drives with the standard connectors,
and the PowerBook uses IDE drives in a 2.5 inch form factor, I was
wondering if there exists a 2.5" -> 3.5" converter, or if anyone
could recommend any other solution for attaching the PowerBook drive
to the new machine.

Thanks.