[SPARCbook] ifconfig pcelx0 fails?

Nick nmanisca at vt.edu
Tue Jul 18 22:01:16 CDT 2000

I have looked through archives for the answer to this, but never found it.

I have a SparcBook 3GS.  I just bought an Etherlink III 3c589C pc card for it.
I plug the card in and then run modinfo and I see that the propper driver
is loaded.  Then I type ifconfig -a and I do not see the card listed...

I tried running drvconfig and rebooting the machine, but no luck.  I do not
have all that much experience with Solaris so I am thinking that I am just
missing something obvious.  Any suggestions?  Would it help if I posted the
information from the logs?

Thanks,

Nick Maniscalco
nmanisca at vt.edu