[SPARCbook] asppp again...

Jeff elslooj at goldeninter.net
Sun Feb 27 13:16:06 CST 2000

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BF8157.185DC6C0

Okay, I went to tadpole's site and found the howto on asppp for the =
sparcbook 3 (don't have the URL off hand, just do a search).  I did =
everything except disable le0, cos I need it.  I run /etc/init.d/asppp =
start and everything seems to go okay, it just doesn't dial or even pick =
up.  I can run a tail on /var/adm/log/asppp and watch it open and then =
close (have to manually close it with /etc/init.d/asppp stop).  What am =
I doing wrong?  I also looked into geting pppd, but when I try to make =
it, it gives me crap and says that I'm missing files when it goes into =
the chat directory.  Can anyone send me their asppp.cf and all the =
nessecary files in /etc/uucp?  Of course you should put x's where the =
phone number and login / pass is.  I want to get this fixed, but I can't =
seem to finger it out.  After working on it for two days, I'm about to =
give up.  If there is a place somewhere on the web that has pppd in pkg =
format that would help too.

Jeff

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BF8157.185DC6C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Okay, I went to tadpole's site and =
found the=20
howto on asppp for the sparcbook 3 (don't have the URL off hand, just do =
a=20
search).  I did everything except disable le0, cos I need it.  =
I run=20
/etc/init.d/asppp start and everything seems to go okay, it just doesn't =
dial or=20
even pick up.  I can run a tail on /var/adm/log/asppp and watch it =
open and=20
then close (have to manually close it with /etc/init.d/asppp =
stop).  What=20
am I doing wrong?  I also looked into geting pppd, but when I try =
to make=20
it, it gives me crap and says that I'm missing files when it goes into =
the chat=20
directory.  Can anyone send me their asppp.cf and all the nessecary =
files=20
in /etc/uucp?  Of course you should put x's where the phone number =
and=20
login / pass is.  I want to get this fixed, but I can't seem to =
finger it=20
out.  After working on it for two days, I'm about to give up.  =
If=20
there is a place somewhere on the web that has pppd in pkg format that =
would=20
help too.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Jeff</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BF8157.185DC6C0--