[SPARCbook] Modem...

Lion Templin ltemplin at monolith.leonine.com
Fri Feb 25 14:45:43 CST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Lion Templin wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Jeff wrote:
>
> > Hey, what's the path / name for a PCMCIA modem?  I'm not sure, but I
> > think it's /dev/pcelx.  Is the x for 1 or 2 depending on which slot it's
> > in?  I'm trying to set up asppp without using the internal 14.4..
> > By the way, is it real hard to set up for dynamic IP's??  I found a
> > howto on tadpole's site, but it doesn't explain how to do this.
> >

> It's 'pcelx0' and 'pcelx1'.
>
> Those are the ethernet device names.  Plug in the card, plumb the device,
> and vio'la, you ready to use it as normal.  Slowaris will automagically
> detect the card and load the correct modules.

Ok, maybe if I actually paid attnetion to what you wanted.

/dev/cua/pc0, /dev/cua/pc1 for serial devices.  The above is for 3com
3c589{C,D} ethernet cards.

Lion

= lion is Lion J Templin (KB9ENE)                         lion at leonine.com =
=  ||        //             ||>            UNIX Systems Consulting for the =
=  ||=EONINE \\OMPUTATIONAL ||\ESOURCES       Northland FROM the Northland =
=  UNIX Systems Consultants                         http://www.leonine.com =