[SPARCbook] Modem...

Lion Templin ltemplin at monolith.leonine.com
Fri Feb 25 14:42:39 CST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Jeff wrote:

> Hey, what's the path / name for a PCMCIA modem?  I'm not sure, but I
> think it's /dev/pcelx.  Is the x for 1 or 2 depending on which slot it's
> in?  I'm trying to set up asppp without using the internal 14.4..
> By the way, is it real hard to set up for dynamic IP's??  I found a
> howto on tadpole's site, but it doesn't explain how to do this.

It's 'pcelx0' and 'pcelx1'.

Those are the ethernet device names.  Plug in the card, plumb the device,
and vio'la, you ready to use it as normal.  Slowaris will automagically
detect the card and load the correct modules.

Lion

= lion is Lion J Templin (KB9ENE)                         lion at leonine.com =
=  ||        //             ||>            UNIX Systems Consulting for the =
=  ||=EONINE \\OMPUTATIONAL ||\ESOURCES       Northland FROM the Northland =
=  UNIX Systems Consultants                         http://www.leonine.com =