[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX for sale

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 23 12:28:03 CDT 2000

> > Is this the same Sparcbook that is being auctioned off on ebay at this
> > url:
> >
> >  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=315475518
> >
> Yep - its me...
>
> I put it on the mailing list and got no replies at all, so I gave up and
> put it on ebay with a price low enough that I hoped it would attract a
> buyer. (hopefully lots of buyers!)

It'll probably go much higher, based on my experience anyway - YMMV.
It all depends on how much a particular person wants that product.
Ebay can be a fickle place.  On the other hand, I've sold some items
that I though that might go for 2 or 3 dollars that brought in $20 or
more.  A lot of it also has to do witht he layout of your page -
having graphic design knowledge helps here.  A more aesthetically
pleasing page with net a higher profit than an ugly one.

Historically though, the 3GX usually goes for between $600 and $800
dpending on the current number of sparcbooks for sale on Ebay.  I
recently sold a P166mmx Gateway Solo notebook for just over $700, so
that should give an indication of worth for the sparcbook (sort of).

Kurt