[SPARCbook] 3GX CPU slow down?

Julian Coleman J.D.Coleman at newcastle.ac.uk
Sat Apr 1 14:54:14 CST 2000

>   Is there any way (such as from the PROM) to manually clock down the CPU
> on the SPARCbook 3GX?
>
>   I've hunted around the PROM a bit and have found nothing... for heat
> concerns I would love to be able to downclock it to 50-70MHz, and wouldn't
> hurt me a bit.

Tim Rightnour sent this to the NetBSD sparc mailing list (replying to a
question about 'hibernation' mode) :

  "Actually I've been working on a "sleep" of sorts.. the tadpole has a device
  which lets you muck with the speed of the CPU.  Unfortunately it's totally
  undocumented.. but I'm making some small progress.."

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/