[SPARCbook] PCMCIA modem troubles

Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl
Sat Apr 1 14:41:44 CST 2000

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Steve Eason wrote:

> I too have one of the 3GX's from Ross, but have yet to get my modem to
> work.  I'm struggling with the US Robotics XJ4336 (33.6MHZ) PCMCIA card.
> I have installed Solaris 2.6 (5/98) and the patch #9 from tadpole's ftp
> site.  Using TIP I can communicate with the modem but when I attempt to
> call up my ISP I get "NO DIALTONE".  I have checked the line which works
> fine with my PC.  Unfortunatly I am running out of ideas.  Any advice
> would be greatly appreciated.

If patch #9 is all that you have installed on top of a normal SOlaris v2.6
then you are missing some packages.

I suggest you install the tadpole packages. (don't have them at hand as
there is a coffee machine (javastation1) on top of the machine which I try
to learn how to run Solaris or Linux or whatever runs on it and can make
it a X terminal without using much diskspace on a NFS server.)

Hugo.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!