[SPARCbook] SB 3GS screen brightness problem.

Herb Peyerl hpeyerl at beer.org
Thu Nov 25 12:50:24 CST 1999

I recently got a Tadpole 3GS and am ecstatic with it.  It's a thing of
beauty.

However, the screen is really dim while running X and while at the OP
prompt.

I tried every combination of "<Pause>-<Up>" and "<Pause>-<Down>" and
can't get the screen to go brighter or dimmer.  ie: I can't actually
prove the claims that those key sequences should affect the brightness
of the display.  Various other "<Pause>-" sequences work so I know the
<Pause> key works.  I also know the arrow keys work..

Does anyone have any insights for me?  I've scoured the list archives
and FAQ.

Please reply privately as I'm not on the list.  If others ask, I
will be happy to summarize to the list.

Herb.