[SPARCbook] Resurrecting sparcbook 2 -- IT WORKETH!

Wes Hofmann whofmann at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 16:43:30 CST 1999

> 1.  The VGA output on the back.  What exactly sort of monitor is that
>     designed to work with?  It looks like generic VGA, but.....

I own a SPARCbook 3, and the connector for it is a standard VGA connector.
I would assume the 2 is probably the same.  Might as well give it a shot. :)

> 2.  The keyboard/mouse I am assuming is any old Sun4/5ish keyboard and
>     mouse?

Once again, that's true for the SPARCbook 3.

> 3.  I loaded up the GCC 2.1 that came with the Solaris 1.0.1, but it
>     seems a tad ancient.   Anyone have any pointers to any
> archives that
>     have any precompiled SparcBook2 stuff?  I was particularly wanting

Well, what I would do is download the latest GCC from ftp.gnu.org and
compile it using your current version of GCC.  Can't hurt to try. :)

Hope this helps!

Wes