[SPARCbook] re: linux on GX

Stuart Duncan sety at wn.com.au
Wed Nov 3 19:32:42 CST 1999

Scott D. Yelich wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Stephen Dowdy wrote:
> > 3) because it's kind of cool (yeah, the dork-factor)
>
> I'm sorry, I just don't get it.
>
> It's cool to show up somewhere with a cool sun laptop...
> and when people swoon, you triumphantly proclaim
> how well linux runs on it?
>
> Sorry, sun = solaris (for me).
> peecee = whatever, doesn't seem to really matter.
>
> Am I missing something somewhere?

HAHA!  It's still cool to have a Sun laptop, regardless of operating
system.
It's even better here in Australia, where they're so rare, not many
people know that SPARC laptops exist, and will probably never see one
(unless they see mine ;)

It's fun when "Windows Power-Users" come and try to impress you with how
much money they can spend on a laptop and you can say...
"Oh.. An Intel? *turned lip*  Why would I want one of those?  I'll bet
it's IDE, too.  What's with these cheap plastic cases?  Aren't portables
supposed to be made from Magnesium Alloy so they don't get broken?"
*grin*

Cheers,
Stuart Duncan