[SPARCbook] Changing Window Managers?

Swift Kick cain at nemeton.org
Fri Dec 31 12:09:22 CST 1999

Michael Lorenz wrote:

<snip>

> OK, the more simple method is to place your wm in $WINDOWMANAGER in your
> .profile. But I think you still have to trash dtlogin.

You don't have to 'trash' anything. just run dtconfig -d to disable the
dtlogin from coming up when you boot your box. You will just get a
console prompt, and you can then set up your .xinitrc file to start up
whatever wm you choose.
You can re-enable dtlogin using dtconfig -e later on, if you change your
mind.

*OR*

You can go to this page ---> http://twirl.mcc.ac.uk/~zzassgl/wm.html
<--- and follow the instructions to set up another window manager entry
onto the session menu. In this page they illustrate how to set up fvwm2
under CDE, but you can modify the process to suit your wm of choice.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Santos                                      uzziel at erols.com