[SPARCbook] Sparcbook3 Read-only problem

Glenn Faus gfaus at osi.com
Mon Dec 20 17:29:53 CST 1999

I have a sparcbook3 which has a curious problem.
When loading Solaris from cd, all goes well until
it boots on the new os.  At boot time it switches
the disk to read-only and getting to single-user is
the only option.  There must be a ro lead to the
scsi connector getting set, but I can't figure out
why.  I've had thoughts that the scsi NCR chip may
be bad and if I could figure out what lead is involved
at the disk connector, maybe I could do some creative
wiring to change the state to read-write.

Does anyone know of this problem or have the pin-out as
seen from the back of the disk connector on the motherboard?

I haven't tried to boot it from an outboard disk yet, but I'll
be trying that in the next few days.

Thanks in advance!

--
My Web Site     = http://www.ns.net/~gfaus/