[SPARCbook] Changed MAC address / Can't boot normally

Markus Mayer mmayer at iname.com
Sat Dec 18 05:33:07 CST 1999

Hi,

I've got some problems with my 3GX since I left it without battery for
about 1.5 days:

*) The MAC-address changed from 00:00:83:ae:17:69 to 00:00:83:77:77:77.
*) Whenever it is booting, it shows the SPARCbook-screen then switches to
   OpenBoot-screen showing the Tadpole-Logo, performs the memory-test and
   hangs. Nothing except 'Pause-R' works. The only way to get to the
   OpenBoot-prompt is to press 'Pause-A' while it still shows the
   SPARCbook-screen. Entering the command 'boot' at the ok-prompt (once you
   get there) causes it to boot normally.

Is there a way to set the MAC-address to its old value? Has anybody got an
idea why the SB hangs instead of booting right away?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Markus