[SPARCbook] Re: Overclocking 3GS

Jeff elslooj at goldeninter.net
Fri Dec 17 13:42:05 CST 1999

As far as I know, the more volts you put in a processor, the hotter it gets.  My friends and I have over clocked a good number of
machines (only x86 I don't screw with my Suns), and it never seems to work right.  The damn thig always gets hot, the OS will freeze
and I would guess that it's hard on the cpu too.  It's been my experience that say, (I'm not sure about exact specs) a Pentium 400
will run 3.2 volts and same with a 450, but for you to get the 400's clock cycles up to 450 you gotta give it more juice..  So what
I'm getting at, and I could be wrong, even though they're both Microsparcs and the only difference is clock speed, it will always be
harder and hotter to get the most performance.
Just my two cents.

Jeff

C:\ is the root of all problems