[SPARCbook] 6.4 gig drive for 3GX?

Ken Hansen khansen at pluto.njcc.com
Mon Dec 6 00:52:27 CST 1999

The source for the drive was listed in Hugo's FAQ,
it was an upgrade drive for a Mac Powerbook - it
was expensive, but it is one of the only ways to
get more disk capacity in an SB 3GX. It was $429
(IIRC) - it is an IDE drive and an IDE <-> SCSI
adapter card. The adapter card seems to be a
very rare commodity, and if it can be found runs
well over $100 (close to $170 IIRC).

I decided to just write the check and be done with
it - sure, *IF* I could find the adapter I could
mate it with a drive bought for less, but at best
I felt I could save $50, and I would have to wait
for the card to become available. I decided to do
it, and I don't regret the decision...

HTH,

Ken
khansen at njcc.com