[rescue] Need VME memory boards

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Mar 26 17:18:56 CDT 2019

" From: Robert Toegel <rjtoegel at gmail.com>
"
" I wouldn't worry about frequency unless you have some "iron" in the supply
" and are going down in frequency, like using some military 400 Hz AC on 60
" Hz lines.

yeah, 50 and 60 are pretty close, and if it's a switcher the first
thing it'll do is rectify anyway.

if it isn't, that reminds me of another trick from decades ago i read
about - put a cap in line with the line input, big enough to cancel
some of the transforner's reactance and resonate just well enough to
double the 115vac.  i recall 10-15 uF for ancient 240v/50hz radio
gear...  i don't remember any equations; i'm lucky to retrieve this
much.