[rescue] LCD hi res 17" monitor wanted

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Mar 11 11:33:12 CDT 2019

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019, Peter Stokes wrote:

> Anyone know of a 17" LCD capable of 1600x1200 4:3 form factor?

If anyone ever made one, it'd probably be Planar or possibly one of the
companies that makes medical-imaging LCDs.

> I have a customer after some to replace some old CRTs built into a
> cabinet assembly.

Later in this thread you mention needing quite a few of them.  Would there
be enough demand to justify sourcing panels and a compatible controller
board?  You might not be able to find a 1600x1200 panel, but 1920x1200 is
doable.  Fabricating a box to hold the panel, interface board, and PSU
isn't *that* tall a scope of work for a fixed installation that doesn't
need to meet consumer appliance certifications.

You'd still need to "letterbox" the display to fit into the 4:3 aperture,

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX