[rescue] LCD hi res 17" monitor wanted

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Mon Mar 11 05:38:46 CDT 2019

Le lun. 11 mars 2019 C  00:22, Peter Stokes <peter at ashlyn.co.uk> a C)crit :
> Anyone know of a 17" LCD capable of 1600x1200 4:3 form factor?
> I have a customer after some to replace some old CRTs built into a cabinet
> assembly.

I don't remember ever seeing such a beast - 4:3 went out of fashion
before such resolution became affordable...

Also beware - high-res CRT usually have very high analog input
bandwidth to support high refresh rate (rarely below 75 Hz, commonly
as high as 85 Hz). Modern LCD monitors can't keep up and usually only
support lower bandwidth and a very narrow range of refresh rate around
60 Hz. That's an issue to drive a modern LCD with an older
analog-oriented framebuffer [I've managed to get a TGX+ to display on
a Full HD LCD, but it's very borderline as the TGX+ is not meant to
output a signal of such low bandwidth and high resolution].

Maybe you could look for second-hand, still working CRT as well. They
might be easier to find? (my old, trusty Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17
still works ...) Shipping might be an issue for such heavy, fragile
things without the original packaging...

Good luck & cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau