[rescue] FTGH: two Sun 20" GDM-20E20 monitors

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 26 17:08:50 CST 2019

On 2/26/19 5:24 PM, Skeezics Boondoggle wrote:
> On the slim chance there's someone nearby who wants to pick up these
> beasts, I have a couple of clean, working Sun GDM-20E20 monitors available,
> in Sun boxes.  Both are reasonably sharp and still usably bright as early
> 1990s CRTs go.  Expect a few crackles and pops as they warm up, since they
> haven't seen much use in the last 5 years.  These are both the 365-1335
> model, so they should be able to sync up with a PC using a suitable
> 13W3-to-xVGA adapter.
>
> They're around 70lbs each and I ain't shippin' 'em, unless you _absolutely_
> have to have one and are willing to pay the UPS rates.  Local Rescuers give
> me a holler to arrange a pickup, or I'll try on Craigslist in a few days
> before hauling them off to Free Geek.
>
> I'm in 97214, close-in SE Portland, OR.

  Begging just a bit here.  We at LSSM have begun building our third
exhibit floor, which among other things will showcase UNIX workstations.
 We are desperate for a few of these exact monitors.  As we are, at
least for now, funded completely out of pocket (usually MY pocket),
there's no way we can afford to have these shipped from OR to PA.

  Would anyone be interested in helping us out by getting them here?

             Thanks,
             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ