[rescue] Sun 386i

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Sun Feb 24 10:51:25 CST 2019

All diagnostics pass except for CPU.  I was getting strangeness using a
real 3.5" floppy drive so I switch to an emulator.  Even now, at
seemingly random places in the boot-up process, I get exception faults..
It may boot the diag disk successfully 2/3 times and fail 1 of 3 - in
different places.  Seems as if I have something wrong with the
motherboard or cache sub-system.  The 80385 was from a prototype upgrade
board from a Tandy 5000 MC.  So it's not known working.  I have another
80385 on the way.  I'll order replacement cache SRAMs and DMA chip as
well to have for A/B swap diagnostics.  Seems I'm stuck for now.

-Alan