[rescue]  Re: SPARCclassic restoration

Richard ejb at trick-1.net
Tue Mar 27 14:56:42 CDT 2018

Hi Mike

So to get this far I have replaced all but 2x capacitors on the low voltage
side of the PSU. One is a 1200uF electrolytic which just isnbt in the
available catalogues locally. Would appreciate substitution thoughs if anyone
has experience. 2000uF? Maybe my answer is there.

Interestingly if I take the HDD off of then PSU then it wonbt boot. So this
suggest I still have a PSU issue.

Have already stripped down the memory as suggested. Also tried different pairs
of SIMM just in case.

So I think I am at
- replace final 2 capacitors
- replace PSU
- wash main board - it looks clean, but never know there might be something
thatbs causing an issue
-?????

Thanks for the thoughts

Cheers