[rescue] FYI regarding FrameMaker 5.5 - WAS::::::::::Re: Downsizing Sun Eqpt

remichael remichael at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 23:28:55 CDT 2018

Jerry,

    About 2 months ago, I loaded the FM 5.5 onto my Ultra 1 running

Solaris 9.  The Serial/Registration Number is included on the CD sleeve.

The CD sleeve also lists WIndows 95/Windows NT, MacIntosh, and Unix.

And under Unix it lists requirements for SunOS, Solaris, HP/UX, AIX,

and IRIX.  This seems to imply that it could be loaded onto all these

systems.  Since the NVram battery is dead on my Ultra1, I did not

try configuring internet access.  So I don't know if it would try to register

itself.  When I last had it working (10 years ago in NC) I had a NewsPrinter 20

to use with it.  But the rollers of that printer turned to jelly by the time I moved

to IL.  A few months ago I had lunch with several former colleagues who

complained that they still could not produce decent diagrams and drawings

with MS stuff.  How they longed for FM.

Bob