[rescue] Sun 486i (was: SunPC drivers for solaris and sunos)

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Tue Mar 20 06:24:21 CDT 2018

On 2018-03-20 11:24, Mike Spooner wrote:
> Just for curiosity's sake, while we are on a related subject, have any list
> members ever seen one of the hundred or so prototype Sun 486i machines that
> were manufactured? Interior pictures would be fascinating!

I wish I had one. Two were delivered to the city I live in. I spoke with
people that have used them. They did not know where they've ended up. I
spent some time pinpointing them without success. By now, the buildings
they were in have been demolished so these have probably been
scrapped/thrown away.

I guess they must have been pretty similar looking to the 386i though?
Just with another motherboard inside.

Walter.