[rescue] The Adventures of Picking up an SGI Origin 2000 and 19 Racks

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:49:31 CST 2018

On 8 March 2018 at 10:40, Christopher Purdy
<escher.beretta.2112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a Selectric Model 251 fan myself...
>
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 05:54:29PM +0000, PhreakShow Telephone Company
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Here are pics of the SGIs. And my gf's find an IBM Selectric II. Shes a
>>> typewriter lover.
>>> https://imgur.com/a/XzDXg
>>>

>> Nice!  I learned to type on a Selectric I (in the mid-80s).
>>
>> Bill

I learnt on a manual typewriter back in high-school.  (They insisted
on manuals with the rationale that if you can touch-type on a manual,
you can type on anything.  I really built up strong fingers in that
course, especially little fingers.)  We have a portable Panasonic
electric somewhere, as well as a Selectric (but the font wheels no
longer line up properly).

N.