[rescue] INMOS B008 Transputer Host

Richard ejb at trick-1.net
Fri Jul 20 04:43:13 CDT 2018

Ugh forgot the list strips images have faded you the email to your inbox

Sent from my iPhone

> On 20 Jul 2018, at 19:39, Richard <ejb at trick-1.net> wrote:
>
> Ok so to help have taken some quick photos of the B008 that I have and
their
> jumpers (all are setup for host use if I recall) these are working jumpers.
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
image1.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=155FFEB6-88BE-4242-8536-2389E738A827]
> Top INMOS B008 bottom Transtech TMB08
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
image2.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=07FA5D58-A33F-47E7-94F0-5419DAFEA7EC]
> Transtech - check the back of the board it may have a silk screen for the
> jumpers
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
image3.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=B7374E97-AAD1-44F6-97FD-5E19A475FB3E]
> Inmos B0008
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
image4.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=947F71AA-E2E6-4D82-94AC-CD2C6D0170A0]
> Another inmos b008 variant
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
image5.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=5DE7D1BB-492B-4F60-ADF7-A0D3DA061332]
> Ardex board
>
> Hope they are useful
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 20 Jul 2018, at 19:25, Richard <ejb at trick-1.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Luigi
>>
>> If you are over at geekdot then you are certainly at the right place. Axel
> has a wealth of information on Transputers and is probably one of the most
> active these days. I have been playing with transputers for a while now and
> developing some boards to support the transputer CPU's. They can be found
over
> at RetroBrewComputers.org if you ever get the bug seriously....:-) .
>>
>> Anyway to your problem.
>>
>> What B008 do you have exactly? There are a few variations around, some
have
> jumpers and others have dip switches. Also is it an INMOS or a Transtech
> board?
>>
>> Is there a C004 onboard the B008 board? If so I recall the recommendation
is
> to remove it if it is socketed for the first tests as it is just another
lot
> of complication (you have to configure it with software)
>>
>> The following user manual is a good start for configuration information
for
> the INMOS B008
>> http://www.transputer.net/mg/b008ug2/b008ug2.pdf
>>
>> OR this for the Transtech clone
>> http://www.transputer.net/mg/tmbm711/tmbm711.pdf
>>
>> You need to make sure that the B008 it is setup to use the PC as a host
(it
> is possible to set the boards up to chain multiple B008's together and thus
> not be able to talk to it. But you say that you can talk to it using debug
so
> I think you are OK there)
>>
>> I would remove any of the pipe jumpers.
>>
>> I would start with only 1 TRAM in Slot 0 of the B008. Make sure that you
> have the TRAM inserted with the right orientation there should be a white
or
> yellow triangle on the B008 and on the TRAM, line them up. If the first
TRAM