[rescue] INMOS B008 Transputer Host

Richard ejb at trick-1.net
Fri Jul 20 04:39:52 CDT 2018

Ok so to help have taken some quick photos of the B008 that I have and their
jumpers (all are setup for host use if I recall) these are working jumpers.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image1.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=155FFEB6-88BE-4242-8536-2389E738A827]
Top INMOS B008 bottom Transtech TMB08

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image2.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=07FA5D58-A33F-47E7-94F0-5419DAFEA7EC]
Transtech - check the back of the board it may have a silk screen for the
jumpers

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image3.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=B7374E97-AAD1-44F6-97FD-5E19A475FB3E]
Inmos B0008

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image4.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=947F71AA-E2E6-4D82-94AC-CD2C6D0170A0]
Another inmos b008 variant

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image5.jpeg; x-apple-part-url=5DE7D1BB-492B-4F60-ADF7-A0D3DA061332]
Ardex board

Hope they are useful

Sent from my iPhone

> On 20 Jul 2018, at 19:25, Richard <ejb at trick-1.net> wrote:
>
> Hello Luigi
>
> If you are over at geekdot then you are certainly at the right place. Axel
has a wealth of information on Transputers and is probably one of the most
active these days. I have been playing with transputers for a while now and
developing some boards to support the transputer CPU's. They can be found over
at RetroBrewComputers.org if you ever get the bug seriously....:-) .

> Anyway to your problem.
>
> What B008 do you have exactly? There are a few variations around, some have
jumpers and others have dip switches. Also is it an INMOS or a Transtech
board?

> Is there a C004 onboard the B008 board? If so I recall the recommendation is
to remove it if it is socketed for the first tests as it is just another lot
of complication (you have to configure it with software)

> The following user manual is a good start for configuration information for
the INMOS B008
> http://www.transputer.net/mg/b008ug2/b008ug2.pdf
>
> OR this for the Transtech clone
> http://www.transputer.net/mg/tmbm711/tmbm711.pdf
>
> You need to make sure that the B008 it is setup to use the PC as a host (it
is possible to set the boards up to chain multiple B008's together and thus
not be able to talk to it. But you say that you can talk to it using debug so
I think you are OK there)

> I would remove any of the pipe jumpers.
>
> I would start with only 1 TRAM in Slot 0 of the B008. Make sure that you
have the TRAM inserted with the right orientation there should be a white or
yellow triangle on the B008 and on the TRAM, line them up. If the first TRAM
doesn't work in Slot 0, I would try each TRAM in slot 0 until you find one
that works.

> If you would like to send me a photo of your  B008 and the TRAMs I may be
able to assist more.

> hope that helps
>
> Cheers
>
> Richard
>

>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018, at 5:55 PM, Luigi Thirty wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ibve acquired an INMOS B008 ISA transputer host adapter and a couple
TRAMs
>> to go with it (two 1MB T800s and a 4MB T800+DSP) but Ibm having some
trouble
>> getting it set up and going. Ibve found all the manuals and software on
>> transputer.net <http://transputer.net/> but the damn thing wonbt connect
>> any TRAMs.
>>
>> Ibm following the instructions at the bottom of this page
>> (http://www.geekdot.com/basic-transputer-tools/
>> <http://www.geekdot.com/basic-transputer-tools/>) to check the host status
>> using DEBUG.COM <http://debug.com/>. The board shows up and acknowledges
>> commands at 150h like it should but the error flag is always set. ISPY and
>> ISERVER canbt see the root transputer.
>>
>> I have pipe jumpers set up on all the empty slots. Ibve tried all the
TRAMs