[rescue] Sun JavaStation Software

Andrew Liles blah at spilk.org
Thu Jul 19 21:53:28 CDT 2018

I have one of these things laying around too and didn't have any luck with the
OG software either but I *was* able to netboot NetBSD on it, it supports Mr.
Coffee hardware out of the box. It netboots similar to other Sun machines of
the era but SunOS/Solaris doesn't have any support for it.

https://www.netbsd.org/ports/sparc/javastation.html

The closest I got to finding the OEM software is here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010505052245/http://sunsite.tut.fi:80/javastati
on/jcdev/software/install/

I don't have any notes on what issues I ran into but I think there is a JavaOS
blob somewhere in the pkg tars there. Would be interested to see if others
have more luck.

-a