[rescue] OT wireless bridge

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 04:56:09 CST 2018

I am not 100% sure if I follow your requirements exactly, but if your
upstairs attic area is on the same mains phase (and preferably but not
essential the same ring main), as the rest of your house, a powerline
bridge might be more reliable. I use them in my flat (not allowed to tear
up the floor to install Ethernet) and they are about 90% reliable
connection-wise. This would get all your network traffic downstairs if you
install one in the attic and one by your router. If you already have WiFi
downstairs that will get the Dell primer onto a WiFi network.

--

Mark