[rescue] The SPARC10 with all that stuff

john jferg977 at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 13:57:54 CST 2018

As far as cooling is concerned, it appears that a lot of the heat the
10's suffered was from drives and not just their rejected heat but
possibly the effect they had on air-flow inside the pizza box - the part
that would otherwise have kept the mushrooms and pepperoni cooler.

Running 24/7 the box just gets a bit (not a lot) warm.B  right now the
busiest thing it does is rasterizing postscript input for the sparcprinter.

A problem I'm having right now is getting SunSolve 1.2 to list the files
found by SearchTool.B  SunSolve 1.2 comes on a CDROM. It included all of
the files which used to be offered on helpDesk (used by Sun Support in
1992, the patch lists with all of the readmes, many of the system
manuals etc.B  All of the files can be accessed off the cdrom if you
don;t have the disk capacity, or located on a disk.B  the search is done
by a daemon. the GUI is Openwin.B  And it appears to work, takes time,
uses cpu, etc, but flashes what may have been an error message and then
says it couldn't find anything. One would think that the word 'core'
would be found all over these documents.

two questions. is anyone else running 4.1.4? where might these error
messages be recorded?B  There is a logfile for SunSolve but it doesn't
show errors.B  It could be an Xview problem, but I haven't had a problem
like this with anything else.B  My system is patched to 2000 and I did
load up a base 4.1.4 system and patched that to 1994 but no joy on that
either.

I'd be happy to share an ISO and scans of the very brief loading
instructions if anyone wants to mess with this. let me know, and
particularly if you have some idea what else I could try.

FWIW, AnswerBook loaded right up and works fine.B  I can share an ISO of
that too if anyone is interested.

john