[rescue] spaerc10 +x1059a+fastethernet

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jan 22 15:28:49 CST 2018

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018, john wrote:

> I now have the following: SPARC 10 with Turbo-GX frame-buffer, the
> X1059a FastEthernet card, two Ross 625 Hyper CPU's, 484 Megs of RAM,
> (good thing it doesn't cost $695 per 4 megs like it did in 1991) the V5
> SCSI2SD adapter on a 3d printed sled, and (gasp) 4 2.1 Gig SD drives on
> a 16 gig industrial micro-sd chip.

That's a nicely provisioned system!

You may want to add some external fans on the side of the case opposite to
the PSU to act in a push-pull configuration with the PSU.  The SS10 didn't
have the ventilation of the SS20, and two HyperSPARCs are really pushing
the thermal limits of that chassis.

On the other hand, not having a pair of 1990s-era hard drives in there
gives you back a little more headroom.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX