[rescue] E450 Console puzzler

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Fri Jan 12 09:38:27 CST 2018

On 2018-01-11 10:31 PM, Steve Hatle wrote:
> Digging back into my email, Christopher related:
>
> the terminal attached to the E450 had an issue and we configured it for
> a normal keyboard, using the terminal for only output.B  I am not sure
> now if it was the terminal or the E450 with the issue as one of the
> terminals that I rehomed had an issue that resulted in a failed
> loop-back test
>
> I guess I need to figure out how they did that :-) Been a long time
> since I've dinged around with OBP and NVRAMC...

It's a lovely machine but is it still running the original battery
backed NVRAM? You probably want to take a note of the host ID, MAC, etc.

My E450's NVRAM is now dead and I think this prevents the machine from
booting Solaris 10 - old post:

http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2015-October/137276.html

--Toby