[rescue] SS20, SS4, SS5 chassis wanted

Mike Spooner mike.spooner.ux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:59:03 CST 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 15:11:49 +0000, Peter Stokes <peter at ashlyn.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Looks like I need to build a few SS20 systems up, anyone have any chassis
> they
> want to part with and any SS20 motherboards?
>
> I am in the U.K., so prefer EU, but willing to consider anything at this
> point.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter
> ---------------------------
> Peter Stokes
> Ashlyn Computer Services
> Mbl: 07977 532320
> ---------------------------

Peter, I think (!) I have an SS20 - that hasn't been used for quite a
while. The chassis is the old Aurora-1 chassis with slimline CDROM drive
bay and floppy-drive bay underneath (the Aurora-2 chassis used a
full-height CDROM bay and no floppy-drive bay). As I am in the Isle of Man,
I can get it to the UK quite easily.

Unfortunately, it is at my exes, so will take a week or so for me to
retrieve it, if it is still there (it was well hidden under a wall-fixed
corner-unit desk, but over the last 9 years might just have been removed -
we'll see).

Is equipped with some RAM, a CG6 (LEGO) SBus graphics card, 4x Sun CDROM
drive, a 2Gb SCA disk with aurora bracket, and (after all this time) a dead
NVRAM battery. Can't remember what CPUs it had, probably one or two SM61.

As I have not used it for at least 9 years, and and fully occupied with a
pair of SS10s instead, you should probably have it - better it serves a
useful purpose rather than just rotting away.

Let me know off-list if you might be interested, then I can retrieve it and
check out *exactly* what's in the box and how well it all works.

Mike Spooner
http://mbus.sunhelp.org/