[rescue] eSATA on SPARC - or SCSI->eSATA converters

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Feb 14 03:57:19 CST 2018

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 04:34:40PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>If not for the deafening roar such a machine makes, it would be a perfect
>Sun
>machine to have in the rack in my garage - small, low power, lots of cores,
>etc.

Indeed. I'd love a quiet, modern SPARC system at home but AFAICS such a
thing doesn't exist (the Ultra 45 was probably the last of those and
they're /crazy expensive/ on the second hand market). Are any of the more
modern SPARC systems as quiet as a modern x86 server?

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/