[rescue] eSATA on SPARC - or SCSI->eSATA converters

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 11:06:30 CST 2018

Hi Jerry

The supported controller is the 375-3357 which is a LSI22320SLE, used to be
quite expensive second hand as Sun versions, not sure now as that was some
time ago. The generic card may work just fine.

Peter
---------------------------
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Mbl: 07977 532320
---------------------------

On 9 Feb 2018, at 17:01, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:

> and it does.  Mr. Bill was gifted an early T1000, which shipped, I believe,
with a single 3.5" 1Tb SATA drive internally.

> But this isn't the point of my question.
>
> I have one expansion slot that, per the specs I look up, is PCI-E 1.0a.
>
> At this point I am looking to acquire some type of PCI-E SCSI adapter, and
in coordination with the ACARD SCSI->SATA adapters mentioned by Mike Spooner
yesterday, attach some additional storage (external) storage.

> Thank you,
>
> Jerry
>

> On 09/02/18 09:19, Michael-John Turner wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 08:15:12PM +0000, Jerry Kemp wrote:
>>> FWIW, the host would be a Sun T1000 with a PCI-E 1.0a expansion bus,
specifically, the old one I purchased from Mr. Bill.  It is going to live in a
different enclosure with different/quieter/larger fans.
>> If I'm not mistaken a T1000 has an onboard SAS contoller - SATA will Just
Work(tm). Of course the standard chassis will only take 2.5" disks but I
believe a bracket is available for a 3.5" drive.