[rescue] revived: TiBook G4 867 (DVI)/ 1GB and MacOS9

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:40:54 CDT 2018

On 10 April 2018 at 06:28, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> Anyone else doing anything with old Macs?

Yes. I'm slowly building up a collection of hardware for testing NetBSD/macppc.
I generally dual boot with OS X Tiger which I use for testing pkgsrc support.
There is a repo from pkgsrc-2017Q4 available at http://sevan.mit.edu
targetting Tiger, but should work on Leopard also.
If anyone has a spare G4 TiBook (867Mhz or 1Ghz) or a mid 2005 G4
iBook (with Radeon 9550 graphics card) looking for a new home over in
the united states side of the pond, the NetBSD/macppc port maintainer
could do with these systems to flush out some bugs in NetBSD (eg
port-macppc/22316). Please let me know offlist and I'll put you in
touch.

Sevan